Welcome to the NMMU Chemistry Department's Blog Site. May You learn from this blog and be inspired by it, after all 2011 is the International Year of Chemistry





Friday, March 4, 2011

Every Day Chemistry

There are some aspect of chemistry we experience every day.

Can you think of some everyday chemistry - outside of your body, that is?

Let me ask a you few questions:

1. Where did you go today?

2. What chemical reactions took place to get you there while you travelled?

3. What place/s did you visit?

4. What chemistry took place to build that place, or to decorate it?

Take some time to think about it and I will cover a reaction or two in my next post.

I will leave you with though video clip. It is a though provoking talk by Thomas Thwaites entitled: "How I built a toaster -- from scratch"

Enjoy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment